Friday, June 24, 2011

A Girl and Her Dog

So here's a little post dedicated to the sweet dog in my life...

Meet Daisy

Daisy is my first real pet. After a few months of married life, I some how convinced JP that this 95 pound smiling mass of fur was what we needed in our lives. She is a complete handful and requires lots of walks, games of fetch, rawhides, milkbones and lots of tummy rubs. 
She also doesn't think she's a dog and will often try to jump in the bed with us, or eat off of the table like us....these are two big no no's in our house, but she doesn't seem to realize it.


Asleep on the couch, when she's not supposed to be. (That's me in the corner of the pic, working on school stuff..she kept me company, so I let it slide this one time).

You would think that being high maintenance would cause us annoyance, but not really...We tend to think that high maintenance means high quality.

 Note the last one in which she's running off to scare off a bird that mistakenly landed in our yard. (She has JP's attention span.)

Despite being a handful, she's such a great companion and somehow knows when I don't feel well.
Case in point: Last night I wasn't feeling too hot and decided to cuddle up on the couch. JP had to go somewhere and told her her to "take care" of me while he was gone. I guess in her world "take care" translates to snuggle. She immediately JUMPED directly on me. lol yes, I did say jump....

95lbs of love.


She makes me smile :)


2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie!!! We should set up a doggy playdate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!!! Wait, I want to come to the doggy playdate! Can I just have an invisible dog to be invited? :-)

    ReplyDelete