Monday, June 6, 2011

Fun Vacations with the Family

So my first trip over to Europe was a blast! JP and I served as chaperones to my mom and dad for a week long adventure aboard the Norwegian Epic. (They need supervision at all times....trust me on this).

We stayed in Barcelona for a day before our cruise took off and we really enjoyed the city. We toured around and saw the Segrada Familia, enjoyed the beautiful weather and had a really nice night out on the beach. In between touring the city, my mom and I managed to get yummy massages at the Bliss spa in our hotel... to help us get over the jet lag of course!
Segrada Familia
Mom and I pondering over it's bigness..... our signature pose      

 JP and I on our way back to the hotel after dinner on the beach


After leaving Barcelona, we got to visit Florence, Rome, Naples (where we went to Capri) and Palma Majorca. We really had a blast and got to do so many neat things! We visited a vineyard, saw so many beautiful cathedrals, saw the Statue of David, eat the best gelato in all of Tuscany, went to the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, The Vatican, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish steps, Blue Grotto, castles, villas and more...oh my! So many things in such a wonderful week!
Needless to say, we had a great time...now it's back to the real world :) After coming back from such a fun vacation, the summer semester is about to start up and I get to start a new job soon too. It was a really great way to start the summer...now ahead to all the great things to come!

 We saw Blue Man Group!
 Gelato break!
 Boats going into the Blue Grotto-Capri
 JP taking his shirt off in the ice bar!
 Family fun!
 Mom and Dad in Florence
JP and I in Palma
Proof that they need supervision ;)



2 comments:

  1. Kim, every picture was absolutely breathtaking! It looks like a whirlwind trip- you guys got to do so much! Have fun printing and framing because it looks like an unforgettable adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last photo and caption are PRICELESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete