Friday, April 20, 2012

I can't believe this is still here....

I bet you did a double take huh? "Did Kim really post something on her blog?"

I know, I'm a major failure when it comes to dedicating time to this blog. It's not that I don't want to, I promise I have the best intentions... but after spending the day in front of a computer the last thing I want to do in the evenings is bust out my laptop and type away.

Besides, when I come home, I want to hang out with these two :)  I can't say no to those cute faces.







In case you can't see it in the picture above, Daisy is wearing a "Big Sister" bandana. That's right folks, Baby P will debut October 2012! I can't begin to tell you all how exciting this is! JP and I are going to be parents! What makes it more exciting is sharing the news with our family and friends. After sharing the news with the folks, we started calling other close family.
I had to call my family in Trinidad (since we couldn't exactly tell them face to face) and their colorful comments and screams on the phone were beyond amazing. In fact, I'm tearing up right now just remembering the calls :)  My grandma literally screamed into the receiver and was so excited, while I had an uncle tell JP "job well done boy." I love them all so much and I wish we were all closer...but thank goodness for phonecards, Facebook and text messaging.

We also had our sweet Aunt Joni, Uncle Scooter, Jordan and Bri literally jump out of their chairs in happiness...Jordan (who's nickname is Big Beck) hugged me so tight, I thought I would deliver the baby right then ;) Bri's scream was so sweet and I'm so lucky that in addition to marrying the guy of my dreams I get to call the Becker's my family :)

We also had so many great reactions from our friends. From funny e-mails to wonderful dinners, it's so difficult not to get overwhelmed by all of the great people that we have been blessed with in our lives.

One of my personal favorite reveals was the following conversation that happened at brunch while talking about beverages:
K: I think I'll have some juice
D: Are you not drinking mimosas b/c you're pregnant?
K: *pause*.....um, yes
D: OH MY GOODNESS!
Que the screams from the girls :)

I love that my refusal of alcohol can only mean one thing...lol...gotta love girlfriends!

There are so many other priceless reactions from our friends that I can't possibly write about them all without exhausting your attention span....but, we're so thankful for everyone that surrounds us. All of the love and well wishes that have come our way have made this special time even more special.  So thank you!

Keep checking back, b/c I promise, with the help of Becca Ann's pestering, I will be updating this more often than in the past.

Much much love,
Kim



2 comments:

  1. Hip, hip hooray! Baby tracking pictures!

    Let's go gummy bear grasshopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You should defintiely keep up with the blogging now that you're prego. I wish I would have blogged when I was pregnant with Autumn and during her first year. It is such a great way to keep track of everything that's going on. No matter my best intentions working on her baby book just didn't happen. At least now I can blog about her growth and development and have a record to go back to.

    ReplyDelete